Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Day 2 of my December Daily


I made my book on November 30, I finished around 3pm, on December 1st, I brought down all my supplies because my studio was too cold, so the kitchen table looked like a disaster area, not to mention that my children WOULD NOT leave me alone, Lily kept trying to take everything, and whenever I told her "no" which earned me the name "Bad Mommy" yes, that is a title i get whenever I am being "mean" which is usually when she is not listenin or doing something wrong.
Emma also would not leave me alone, she kept trying to touch everything, including my scissors and MM circle cutter that has a very sharp little knife...But I am done now and it is all cleaned up.

What is a December Daily?

Ali Edwards made one last year and is doing it this year as well, basically it is just an album (kind of ) that you use to document the days leading up to Christmas. Some people make their album go all the way to the new year, and others just have 25 days, that is what mine is, just the 25.

So each day you add a photo or some words about what you did, maybe a movie stub or a reciept for something you bought that day, it is just a daily record of your december.

WHy? Decmeber is a magical month, it is the last month of 2008 and it has Christmas. and christmas eve, seeing santa, decorating, caroling, lots and lots of activities and good times and it is just a fun way to document them all.

SO I made mine on 11/30 and I am so excited about it, I think it turned out SO BEAUTIFULLY, one of my best projects, I used a lot of different things for the pages and I made some pages just for decor, for example, on the 24th, I made a beautiful gold glittered page with a 3-d (Jolees) image of the Nativity, it looks amazing, I also decorated envies for each member of my family, for their CHristmas wishes, I even made one for my (almost) 3-mo. old baby!!! that is what I did yesterday. I am thinking about what I am going to do for todays page, I may wait, because we might go to "jolly Days" @ the children's museum, One night a month it is free afmission and since it typically costs over $60 for all of us, that is a real bargain, only problem is I can't remeber if it is the First Thursday or Tuesday of the month, so I wil need to check before I make any plans. More later.

Question of the Day

What is your fondest childhood Christmas memory?

Scrapbook Challenge of the Day

Make a handmade embellishment and use it on a layout or card.

No comments: