Thursday, November 20, 2008

Feelin' the Christmas Spirit

I love Christmas!!! It is my favorite holiday, by far, I love the traditions, the family gatherings, the tree, the gifts (of course, who doesn't?), the decor. I just love Christmas, oh and the best thing I love about it? The TRUE MEANING behind it, the real reason why we celebrate it. I think a lot of people have forgotten why it is that we wake up, sit around a tree and open gifts wrapped in bright papers. But we should all remember and celebrate Christ's birth, without him, December 25 would just be another day. Christmas is too commercialized these days, along with every other holiday we have, but I guess that is just the way t
hings are.

I do believe in God, but I am not a religious person, I grew up going to church and I have lots of pastors in my family, but personally I do not go to church. I just don't feel worthy of it or something, like a hypocrite, "here I am in church, pretending to be good, but as soon as I leave I am going to go outside, light a cigerette, cuss a bit, and generally sin, at least until next Sunday" I feel like I need to totally devote my life to God, read the bible, pray, all that and unless I can give that 100% then I can only give it 0%. Does that make any sense at all? There was a time in my life when I was "on fire" for the Lord, but that was a long time ago and alot of bad shit has happened since then...

I don't even know why I am writing about this, I don't even think about religion or GOd, let alone write or talk about it. Mysterious.






Scrapbooking, rubber stamping, paper crafts, creativity.... I love all of these things, but I have not made anything in so long, we moved in AUgust, when I was almost 9 months pregnant with my fourth child, I only just got my studio in order, but I still have some stuff to do and I cannot sit down and create until everything is put away and perfect. I think I have OCD or something, or maybe I am a messy neat freak...oxymoron isn't it?

Well what is everyone making in the way of Christmas crafts? I have not started on anything YET but I have a million and one ideas dwelling in my noggin' tyring to get onto paper. Maybe I will write them all on here and someone else may get some inspiration out of them.

No comments: